Friday, February 19, 2010

My Eyes Are Wide Open

Over the last few months I have been taking "note"; no wait dwelling on how hard and busy things have been seeming for our family lately. Actually let me be frank...I have been having a mini pity party about all my stuff going on.

Examples: Dustin upcoming 4th knee surgery, my on going back pain (found out I have four bulging disc and some other crap going on in my lumbar region that is no good!), our septic tank going bad ($$$$$$), Jill moving, so many friends going though really tough times and an on going discussion with God about a third child that doesn't seem to be going in my favor.

But today I am realizing that in the scheme of things...I ain't got it so bad. Sometimes hard but not so bad. After having friends lose their children and fight cancer; I think I am doing a life inventory and realizing that with all the awesome people in my life that I will weather things better because of their love and support. In fact, I am constantly learning new things about my self and my out look on life from you all.

I mean, gees, Dustin's surgery date isn't even set and I have everyone offering to help with the kiddos and cook us food! (You guys rock and thank you!)

I will keep you posted about Dustin's surgery. In the mean time--do me a favor and pray or meditate or whatever your preference for some folks I know that are facing some of the hardest times I can image.

Jeff, Belinda parents of Piper: Piper was diagnosed with Leigh's Disease, it's got a progression path similar to Greyson's disease and it's terminal
My friend Rod and sister Ruth: Ruth is 40 and she has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer & she has two young children.
James & Lauren: They are working through just recently losing a baby in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment