Not just yet! Saturday the 12th was the 1 year anniversary of Grey's death, but tomorrow is his birthday and to add icing to the cake Jill leaves for Dallas tomorrow. So maybe after tomorrow I will feel that not so subtle blue feeling lift. I don't like this pattern over the last two years of saying goodbye to someone around the holidays. But honestly, neither have deserted me for good it's just a little more difficult to see 'em! I would like to say that both Jill & Grey made big impacts on my life and I am very thankful for that!
My Family...I mean my little family not the extended crazy big one. Is the best thing I have ever done in my life and I am so thankful for them! I find so much comfort in my husband's arms as we laugh at the two nutty, but beautiful little girls we have. Everyday I think I begin to understand a little more how blessed I am to have them.
The girls are so excited about Christmas this year. We have been talking a lot about what Christmas is and Natalie now announces (very loudly I might add) that Christmas is Jesus birthday and Happy Birthday Jesus! She is turning into a very awesome little person! I had the first of many (hopefully) mother-daughter moments that I will cherish and remember very clearly on her wedding day years from now. Yesterday she woke up early from nap and wanted to look at pictures (her favorite pass time right now). She choose our wedding album. After looking every photo over; she asked me "do you still have your married dress?" When I told her yes, she asked if she could see it. So I pulled out my wedding dress for the first time in almost seven years. She was so excited! She asked me to put my veil on her and to put on my dress for her to see. (It still fits! Yippe!) So I couldn't help getting very teary when my baby was modeling my veil and telling me that she was going to wear my beautiful married dress when she gets married! I know that I am going to have that same feeling years from now when I am helping her dress on her wedding day...Pride, Awe, Love and twinge of Sadness! Here she is modeling and telling me she going to marry Daddy when she grows up. To which I pray she finds someone that wonderful.
Just some pictures from our little photo shoot...





0 comments:
Post a Comment