At about 2 am this morning storms started moving through our area and the girls came running to our room due to the "Under" as Sophie calls it! Now, I am not going to complain about the rain because we desperately need it here in South Central Texas. But I will say the thunder & lighting with the storms were really loud and shook the house a number of times! It rained from 2am to about 630am this morning and we were awake for pretty much all of it! How can a king size bed not fit two adults & two kiddos comfortably? Actually Dustin fairs pretty well because the girls are usually stuck to me like glue.
About 6am I decided I would rather just get up than lay awake in bed. I also got Dustin up because misery loves company is my philosophy about sleep deprivation! I really got him up because I was worried about the creek at the back of our property flooding our barn do to the extended period of time with heavy rain. (which happened a few years before we bought the place) So out he went to go check the creek in the van, but when he got into our garage there was a bunch of water next to the water heater closet. One of our water heaters died and actually we are lucky it was the one in our garage and not the one over our bedroom which is bigger and would cause damage to the roof, carpet and gosh knows what else. So a little blessing not going unnoticed here at Casa de Kramer!
The creek did raise enough to close the road next to our house and came up to our property but not into the barn...so the chickens are not homeless at least for now.
This Sunday has been spent cleaning up, going through boxes that were still in the garage, replacing a water heater and not at church like we had planned! But we had good little lesson that reminded us that there is always a blessing in everything if you look for it! Thank goodness it was in the garage!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment