Today was Natalie's 1st day of Kindergarten!
She was so excited and ready to go from the moment she woke up.
She told us during breakfast that she knew she needed to eat but her tummy felt funny. I think it might have been her first experience with feeling nervous.
Sophie and I on the other hand were not to sure about sending our Natalie off for a whole day away from us. Sophie spent a lot of time sucking her thumb and quietly watching the new busy morning routine and saying she wanted to go to school too!
Natalie did great when we dropped her off at her classroom. She found her seat, said "HI" to her new classmates and I thought I might actually make it out of the school without crying until she stood up to say the pledge and placed her hand on her heart like an old pro. Then it kinda hit me...I felt like I was just there yesterday in elementary school so eager to grow up. And now here I am with my own little girl, who by the way is completely AWESOME if you didn't know it, in Kindergarten! I feel like Dustin and I just brought her home from the hospital.
Anyways she quickly said "bye Momma" with a wave after they wrapped up and got in line to follow her teacher; but for her little sister, who clearly she loves so much, she stopped the whole line to grab her and gave her the BIGGEST hug & kiss and said "I will miss you Sophie-I love you!" All that fear, tears and stress the first year after Sophie was born because they are only 19mos apart and then that moment I quietly Thanked God for knowing better than I that they need each other!
So Sophie and I walked to the car and the whole time all I could think about was at our wedding reception 7 years ago what my Mom's own words were as she & my Dad toasted us..."That from the day our children are born we slowly give them back to God..."
Dustin and I are so completely thankful and proud of our girls!




3 comments:
I need a kleenex for my tears. I am so proud of her...and you!
I can't believe how big she is. And at the same time, how LITTLE she looks in that uniform with her backpack on. She CANT be 5. She CANT be going to school already. It's just not possible. :::sniff:::
What a beautiful post! Natalie is such an amazing, awesome, gorgeous little girl. How could she not be with the parents she has?!
Post a Comment