She did tell me that she got very sad yesterday because one of the little girls said her backpack wasn't pretty because it didn't have princesses on it. So we talked about the fact that it doesn't really matter what the things we have are like or what people think. But what does matter is that we are good a Christian and are thankful for what God gives us. Gees, I know what I said really is the focus of our lives but she is my baby and I hate that she is already out there dealing with the common mis perception of the world.
Anywho, I quickly also reminded her that her new backpack has her name on it and the other little girl's didn't! I couldn't help myself! :)
Oh, Safety Scissors...my title for this blog post. So I was there at school yesterday and saw her in her classroom, at lunch, on the playground and never did I notice the child playing with her scissors. But yesterday I am watching her play at home and I thought gees, "her hair is different lengths." So I ask her, "Natalie did you cut your hair at school today?" At first she wouldn't answer me, then finally she started crying and said "yes". So I guess we are going back to Cool Cuts for Kids again this week to straighten her hair out. I wanted to take a picture for you all but she wouldn't let me. Ha, Ha! But if it helps you, I think we are going to have cut off an 1.5inch to 2inches to even it out. I told Dustin when he got home; he just laughed and said "oh, I did that too when I was little but I used garden sheers!" Thank God she didn't do that! And how the heck did he get garden sheers??? He said his Mom kinda freaked out...Ya think? I just cut other kids hair; not my own!
So what have I learned this week?
- I am not a good candidate for remodeling my house, especially not pregnant. Even though, it is beautiful and the workers have been great! I have been taking photos all week and will make a post to show all the progress.
- There is no price to expensive for safety scissors! Because it's still cheaper then 2 hair cuts in a week.
- It is a lot harder to send your little one off to school then I thought.
- You don't realize how much every little experience molds a person until you watch your child.

1 comments:
Sounds like a crazy week! Bella cut her hair when she was about that age too. Hang in there sweetie.
Post a Comment