Thursday, September 3, 2009
Tummy Bugs
Natalie woke up this morning about 3 or 4 am vomiting. I can say that I completely understand how much she doesn't like to have "throw-ups" as she calls it. As a kid I hated stomach viruses, because if there was one around I always got'em. In fact, that is really the only time I remember being sick as a kid. As a Mom I think I hate them even more...because you can't fix it, make it better or put a band aid on it. Not to mention the mess. Trying to teach little kids what to do when they are sick isn't the easiest thing. If fact last night there was just a trail of stuff as she tired to run to our room downstairs. Dustin was a champ (which he usually is) cleaning everything up so I could take care of our Natalie. She really was a brave girl...she didn't even cry. So now I wait to see if Sophia will pop up with it too. I debate on whether to "Bomb" the house with bleach or have Sophia drink after Natalie so they will just get it at the same time. Do other Mom's have these same internal debates or have I officially lost it? I just think it would be easier to have one day of mass illness then anxiously waiting for the other kiddo to go puny or have several days of illness as it makes it's way through the whole family. Like I have any control over any of this...if I was the nurse listening to me I would say, "Honey, have a glass of wine and get some sleep!" AHHHH! I miss working! Anyways, I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday weekend! Here's to calm, quiet virus free night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh no! I hope your girls (and you and Dustin) are feeling better now! Let me know if intentionally sharing the bug with Sophie works out for you. I have never tried that! Miss you guys :)
Post a Comment